Sunday, June 30, 2013

Finding Land

I have found one website very helpful in locating parcels of land in the areas I'm interested in - LANDWATCH.COM .  The one thing that annoys me about this site is that it seems that landlords interested in renting commercial space to businesses have found a way to list their offerings under "land", so that the really cheap parcels are in between pages and pages of commercial and office space for rent.  It's really tiring to keep on looking for good deals in amongst all this - but the deals are there.  If anyone figures out how to filter out aaaallll the commercial space for rent from the search for land, let me know please.

I'd like to put a video on here from SIMPLE SOLAR HOMESTEADING.  Pay attention to what the narrator says about finding land.  Most of the time, people are paying too much for land.  When I see that someone is charging over $10,000, I just flip to the next ad.  You can sometimes get land for as little as $1,000 in the right situation, so just keep looking.  I don't intend to pay more than $5,000 for my land.



When my land is purchased, that will be the time to put a prefabricated cottage, tiny house or RV on it if it doesn't have a livable structure there already.  That will be the fun part;)

No comments:

Post a Comment